If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams, this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
We’re currently looking for a permanent position for a web developer with a focus on front-end, back-end, and API development. You will work in project teams comprised of other Software Developers, App Developers, Industrial Designers, Hardware Designers, and more, and will form a critical part of connected system development.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing server/cloud based software for commercial IoT solutions
- Protocol and communications system design and development
- Defining user requirements and converting them into functional code
- Conducting technology feasibility studies
- Participating in multi-disciplinary design team development processes
- Writing clean, reusable, maintainable code
- Integrating software with hardware and testing prototypes
- Peer reviewing designs and code to learn from and share your knowledge with the rest of our team
In order to be considered for the role, applicants are required to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold working visa
- Hold a relevant degree from a reputable university (e.g. Bachelor of Computer Science)
- Hands on experience with:
- Building web back ends in Node.js or other modern languages
- Designing and building RESTful web-services and integration with relational databases
- JS front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap, Angular, React
- Understanding of software design principles, software implementation, object-oriented design (design patterns, encapsulation, unit testing, continuous-integration)
- Have excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Applicants who meet the following criteria will also be considered favourably:
- Experience with home automation integrations
- Experience designing protocols for and integrating with MQTT
- Have past exposure to development in a consulting environment
- Hands-on development experience using any of the following: Java, C/C++, Kotlin, Swift, Python
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international brands for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, mining applications and much more.
Our development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux, web applications, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
Our Sydney office is located in the Macquarie Park/North Ryde technology area with convenient access by road and public transport.
Our Brisbane office is located in the inner-city area with convenient access by road and public transport.
We provide workplace flexibility by allowing staff to work from home for part of the week.
Only applicants who meet the required criteria will be contacted for the next stage.
*** No agencies for this role thank you ***