Ingenuity Design Group is a leading product development team, full of passionate engineers and designers. At Ingenuity, we are committed to designing innovative products, which lead to the success of our clients and the fulfilment of our team. We do everything with professionalism, integrity, and passion.
We are seeking talented individuals to join our growing multi-disciplinary development team, who are ready to be challenged and nurtured in their careers.
The Ingenuity team provides comprehensive design services to leading US and international companies for a wide range of industries. These include consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, mining applications and much more.
Being a part of the Ingenuity team presents a unique opportunity for creative and professional engineers to develop and deepen their skills. Our development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more. Working alongside other experienced designers, Ingenuity supports team development and growth through mentoring, collaboration and training. Ingenuity also fosters an open environment where team members can personally contribute to the company’s development and success.
We’re looking for someone early in their career who is ready to accelerate their growth, and rapidly become a skilled designer.
At Ingenuity, an Embedded Software Design Engineer is responsible for the full product development life cycle. They are to take an innovative approach to developing concepts, undertake detailed product design, and then bring products to life through low and high volume production runs. As a new member of the team you will get any technical training to help you develop your skills and guidance on commercial product development, with mentoring from senior designers.
The role involves:
- Developing software for commercial embedded systems
- Integrating software with hardware and testing prototypes
- Protocol and communications system development
- Defining user requirements and converting them into functional code
- Conducting technology feasibility studies
- Participating in multi-disciplinary design team development processes
- Customer engagement and support
In order to be considered for the role, applicants are required to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be authorized to permanently work in United States
- Hold a relevant degree from a reputable University (e.g. Bachelor of Software or Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Computer Science)
- Have worked as a professional software design engineer for a minimum of 2 years
- Be competent in ANSI-C/C++/C# coding
- Be competent in the design of embedded systems employing 8 to 32 bit micro-controllers
- Able to read and work with circuit schematics and datasheets
- Able to use test equipment such as an oscilloscope and logic analyser to debug embedded systems
- Have excellent English communication skills (both oral and written
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered favourably:
- Have experience in bare metal Linux development
- Have experience in developing wireless products employing 3G/4G, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc communications interfaces
- Have experience working with ARM processors
- Competent integrating with TCP/IP and other internet protocols
- Have specific expertise in the development of IoT systems and applications development
- Have specific experience in the development of biomedical, consumer, and/or industrial products
- Have past exposure to design consulting
Our company continues to grow, with a total of three national and one international office. Our Head office is located in Sydney, Australia, within the North Ryde technology area. We also have offices in Brisbane and Melbourne. As an expanding company, we have now opened an office in Denver, USA.
During these uncertain times, the US office is currently working remotely. We may have occasional meetings held at our Golden shared office space.