If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams, are eager to grow and develop, then this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
In your role as an Embedded Software Design Engineer, you will be responsible for driving innovation and quality in electronics software design throughout the full product development life cycle in our tightly integrated multidisciplinary teams. You will be instrumental in creating better products together with our clients, from concept through production, always applying our high-quality standards. As a key member of the team, you will share your experience and knowledge, as well as learn from your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing software for a wide variety of embedded systems
- Integrating software with hardware and testing prototypes
- Protocol and communications system development
- Analysing user requirements and converting them into functional code
- Conducting technology feasibility studies
- Defining test protocols and carry out test procedures
- Participating in multi-disciplinary design team development processes
- Engaging with clients on a regular basis
In order to be considered for the role, applicants are required to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a working visa
- Hold a relevant degree from a reputable University (e.g. Bachelor of Software or Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Computer Science)
- Have worked as a professional developer for 3 or more years
- Competent in ANSI-C/C++ coding
- Competent in the design of embedded systems, particularly ARM based micro-controllers
- Able to read and work with circuit schematics and datasheets
- Able to use test equipment such as an oscilloscope and logic analyser to debug embedded systems
- Have excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
Applicants who meet the following criteria will also be considered favourably:
- Experience developing wireless products employing Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. communications interfaces
- Have specific expertise in the development of IoT systems and Home Automation
- Have past exposure to design consulting
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, mining applications and much more.
Our development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
Our Sydney office is located in the Macquarie Park/North Ryde technology area with convenient access by road and public transport.
Our Melbourne office is located in the inner-city area with convenient access by road and public transport.
We provide workplace flexibility by allowing staff to work from home for part of the week.
Preferred applicants will be contacted for the next stage.
*** No agencies for this role thank you ***