If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams, are eager to grow and develop, then this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, military, mining applications and much more.
Our development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
In your role as Electronics Design Engineer, you will be responsible for driving innovation and quality in electronics design throughout the full product development life cycle in our tightly integrated multidisciplinary teams. You will be instrumental in creating better products together with our clients, from concept through production, always applying our high-quality standards. As a key member of the team, you will share your experience and knowledge, as well as learn from your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Translating user needs into documented technical specifications
- Conducting technology feasibility studies
- Designing products at a detailed level including preliminary designs, schematic capture and PCB layout complying with regulations and standards using state-of-the-art techniques
- Conducting technical peer reviews in line with the company’s quality management system and standards
- Performing comprehensive prototype verification and managing product compliance and certification
- Producing manufacturing data and documentation for volume production
- Designing test fixtures and documented test processes
- Liaising with team members, suppliers and clients
In order to be considered for the role, applicants are required to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be an Australian permanent resident or hold a working visa
- Hold a relevant degree from a reputable University (e.g. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering)
- Have worked as a professional electronics design engineer for 3 or more years
- Be competent in the design of analog and digital electronics
- Have experience in the design of electronic products from concept to manufacture
- Be proficient in schematic capture (e.g. Altium) and PCB layout
- Possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
Applicants who meet the following criteria will also be considered favourably:
- Have experience and proficiency with embedded programming of 8 to 32-bit microcontrollers using languages such as C / C++
- Experience in developing electronic products for space constrained, low power, high volume applications with high levels of mechanical integration
- Microcontroller based system design using ARM / MSP430 / STM32 / other
- Low power design (for battery powered devices)
- RF Communications, such as Bluetooth, WiFi, Zigbee, LoRa, low power ISM
- Wired Communications, such as; CAN, USB, Ethernet, I2C, RS232, RS485
- EMC (Electromagnetic Compliance) and certifications for; C-Tick, CE, FCC, UL
- Switch Mode Power Supply design
- Have past exposure to electronics design consulting
Our Sydney office is located in the Macquarie Park/North Ryde technology area with convenient access by road and public transport.
Our Melbourne and Brisbane offices are located in the inner-city area with convenient access by road and public transport.
We provide workplace flexibility by allowing staff to work from home for part of the week.
Only applicants who meet the required criteria will be contacted for the next stage.
*** No agencies for this role thank you ***