Ingenuity Design Group is a leading product development team, full of passionate engineers and designers. At Ingenuity, we are committed to designing innovative products, which lead to the success of our clients and the fulfilment of our team. We do everything with professionalism, integrity, and passion.
We are seeking talented individuals to join our growing multi-disciplinary development team, who are ready to be challenged and nurtured in their careers.
The Ingenuity team provides comprehensive design services to leading US and international companies for a wide range of industries. These include consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, mining applications and much more.
Being a part of the Ingenuity team presents a unique opportunity for creative and professional engineers to develop and deepen their skills. Our development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more. Working alongside other experienced designers, Ingenuity supports team development and growth through mentoring, collaboration and training. Ingenuity also fosters an open environment where team members can personally contribute to the company’s development and success.
We’re looking for someone early in their career who is ready to accelerate their growth, and rapidly become a skilled designer.
An Ingenuity Design Engineer is responsible for the full product development life cycle. They are to take an innovative approach to developing concepts, undertake detailed product design, and then bring products to life through low and high volume production runs. As a new member of the team you will get any technical training to help you develop your skills and guidance on commercial product development, with mentoring from senior designers.
The role involves:
- Conducting technology feasibility studies
- System design from conceptual beginnings
- Participating in multi-disciplinary design teams
- Designing a wide range of electronic circuits (analogue / digital / RF / low power)
- Laying out PCBs using Altium
- Comprehensively verifying prototypes
- Managing product compliance
- Writing specifications
- Documenting complete designs for manufacture
- Product testing and verification
- Customer engagement and support
In order to be considered for the role, applicants are required to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be authorized to permanently work in United States
- Hold a relevant degree from a reputable University (e.g. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering)
- Have worked as a professional electronics design engineer for a minimum of 2 years
- Be competent in the design of analog and digital electronics
- Have experience in the design of electronic products from concept to manufacture
- Be proficient in schematic capture and PCB layout
- Possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Be able to work independently and within a team
Applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered favorably:
- Experience with electronics design, prototyping, assembly as a hobby or professionally
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium Designer
- Have experience with embedded programming of 8 to 32-bit microcontrollers using languages such as C / C++
- RF Communications, such as Bluetooth, WiFi, Zigbee, LoRa, low power ISM
- Wired Communications, such as; CAN, USB, Ethernet, I2C, RS232, RS485
Our company continues to grow, with a total of three national and one international office. Our Head office is located in Sydney, Australia, within the North Ryde technology area. We also have offices in Brisbane and Melbourne. As an expanding company, we have now opened an office in Denver, USA.
During these uncertain times, the US office is currently working remotely. We expect to be moving to an office space within the next 6 months.